Unpopular opinion thread

berkeley42

Miner
Jan 19, 2013
Portland, OR
www.redtube.com
Here are some unpopular opinions, post yours.
  • Quentin Tarantino is a decent actor
  • Nigga isn't offensive if there is an A at the end (
    )
  • Brunettes are as attractive as blondes
  • Mentally challenged students shoulden't have public education
  • Small natural breasts are much more attractive than large fake ones
  • 4chan is a decent website (EXCULDING /B/)

Howard_Roark

Builder
Dec 10, 2012
Dallas, TX
Oh boy I could go on for a while....

All drugs should be legalized, I don't think a woman could make a good president because they tend to be more emotional than logical, I think welfare should be reserved for people who legitimately cannot work and anyone else has to work 40 hours per week on infrastructure etc. I strongly advocate abortions for anyone who may ever need the state's help to raise the child, I believe healthcare is a service and not a right, I think people who want to ban guns in the US are delusional (though this isn't that unpopular).

Reactions: Riofickle

tTheoRyy

Builder
Dec 10, 2012
Silent Earth: 3
-Minecraft as a whole isn't a very good game
-Avengers wasn't a good film
-The Aurora, Colorado shooting didn't happen as the media reported
-Team sports are uninteresting
-Final Fantasy VII is a horrible game
-Redheads >
-Reddit is a cesspool of circlejerking and bastardization of already unfunny "memes"
-9gag is worse
-Coheed and Cambria is the best band of the past decade
-Twitter > Facebook
-People who say "le," "hella," "swag" need to be sterilized
-You should have to pass a rigorous psychological evaluation in order to be allowed to have a child
-Violent movies and games attract violent people, not produce them.

-Religion is the greatest threat to the world
-Religion is absolute poison
-There is nothing "good" about religion
-Feminism is bullshit
-Feminists are sexist
-Tea Party is bullshit, Romney wouldn't have been such a bad candidate if he didn't have to pander to them constantly and say fucking stupid things
-People need to be educated BEFORE they comment on political matters, or any matter for that matter
-Objectivism over Altruism, Egoism (not same as egotism) over Selflessness
-A person should be required to understand politics and the "issues" as they are before they can vote
-America's government is way too religious, Belgium's government is better
-Minecraft gets boring quickly
-People (especially the idiots like that dude that was threatening to start a new civil war or something like that) don't understand that Obama isn't taking steps to ban weapons, but to regulate them to a greater extent than was previously possible (due to ridiculous bills passed by NRA reps in the house which take away ALL of atf's power, atf can only SUGGEST things off of youtube because of them). Yeah we should enforce the gun laws we already have first. BUT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING THAT ARE THE ONES THAT AREN'T LETTING US IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE
-There is no faith in science, and there is no science in faith
-Gandhi was a racist, and Mother Teresa was a horrible person
-Abortion is a reproductive issue, not a women's issue
-No one should be making money off of health care
-All the sectors that were once public utilities but are now privatized should become public once again
-Our economy got screwed over back during the Bush era because he and the Republicans controlled both chambers of house and exec position
-The common, uneducated, collectivist person should not be allowed to vote. That is a LOT of people.

A democrat would never hold public office again
A lot of people would never hold public office, I would prefer to see politics not be populated by FUD and other such nonsense
elitist............................
Not elitist, so much as not wishing to have a decision made, that concerns me, by people that are just pawns for politicians that shouldn't be in office to begin with

ftblplaya9207

rgbyplaya9207
Dec 10, 2012
in your area
A lot of people would never hold public office, I would prefer to see politics not be populated by FUD and other such nonsense

Not elitist, so much as not wishing to have a decision made, that concerns me, by people that are just pawns for politicians that shouldn't be in office to begin with
yea but if that many people arent represented, then it just becomes an oligarchy

bingbong2715

Town Designer
Dec 10, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Nothing at all? Thought you didn't like talking in absolutes. There are plenty of moderate religious people who get a great sense of fulfillment out of their religion while not making it known outside their personal life. That seems like good to me.
-People need to be educated BEFORE they comment on political matters, or any matter for that matter
-Our economy got screwed over back during the Bush era because he and the Republicans controlled both chambers of house and exec position
Don't need to say much here.
That's simply just not going to be possible in our system. Even if you have completely government run healthcare, someones going to be making money. No one would fill a completely non-profit position like that, and the progress that healthcare technology makes everyday would slow close to a stop.

Howard_Roark

Builder
Dec 10, 2012
Dallas, TX
I did forget to add a political literacy test to my list, so I agree with hawk on that. I just think the test could be quite minimal and basic, with questions such as "which candidate is against capital punishment", or "what is candidate X's stance on medical marijuana?" That would block out a metric fuckton of votes that would have been based on irrelevant crap.

Asddsa76

Retired unknow x-ray hunter
Dec 10, 2012
The whole world should be using the metric system.
People should spend more time reading wikis and watching videos instead of asking questions in-game.
Everyone should have a basic understanding of science.
Society's pressure on chivalry is gender discrimination.

lol well looks like hawk won the unpopular opinion thread
I always do :)
Nothing at all? Thought you didn't like talking in absolutes. There are plenty of moderate religious people who get a great sense of fulfillment out of their religion while not making it known outside their personal life. That seems like good to me.

Don't need to say much here.

That's simply just not going to be possible in our system. Even if you have completely government run healthcare, someones going to be making money. No one would fill a completely non-profit position like that, and the progress that healthcare technology makes everyday would slow close to a stop.
There are certain things that shouldn't be spoken of in terms of the absolute i.e. a knowledge of what we don't yet know. Boolean logic should never be applied. When I say that there is nothing "good" about religion, I would much prefer to make the statement that religion is poison. Those moderate people that get a sense of "fulfillment" out of their religion are doing themselves a very unhealthy service. Faith creates a barrier in analytical thinking (Michael Shermer has a good bit about that), having a faith will restrict your ability to accept things to some extent or another i.e. when you die, you die.

That last part is important to take note of, because religion takes away peoples' need to face that very simply fact of life: there is death. Death is not a scary thing, it makes life more vivid. Religion just makes it scary because people can deny it's entire reality. The other question religion tends to answer is "why am I here?" which is also a ridiculous question that throws peoples' minds back into the stone age, along with the stupid soul/spirit shit. We have known for quite awhile that dualism is a ridiculous think, and to look to religion to find a sense of purpose in your life is going to lead you to altruism and an "objective" morality that doesn't really apply to you. But what if you get your morality from religion?

Christopher Hitchens would ask this question a lot, when people said that their religion gave them their morality (religion asserts objective, non individualized morality): "Name me a moral action that a religious person could do, that a nonreligious person, such as myself, could not do. There is nothing. But then take the inverse: name me an immoral action that a religious person could do, that I could not do, and you'll find that the list is quite an extensive one." It is. Suicide bombings, genital mutilation, god worship (that's an especially bad one, has a lot to do with redaction of self-respect and happiness), ignorance regarding many issue we have already understood and answered, the christian dark ages, the 100 years war, Christian scientists (google it, they're still around), the avenging angels of Mormonism, the killing of tons of scientists by the church, because they spoke aversely to what the church said. Ignorance of political issues due to using religion as their "ethics" argument turns the majority of the population into pawns. When I say there is nothing "good" about religion, it refers more to the fact that it is poison, that there is nothing that can truly remain logical and healthy, and not detrimental to others. There just is nothing. Those moderates are being fucking pawns right now and surrendering themselves as far less than human to a god, a thought master, that just doesn't exist.

Honestly, I could go on, but I don't want to write a bigger text wall than I already have about religion. It really is just poison. (I can still respond, of course)

Oh yeah on health care, that means that the health care sector should not be private, it should be a public utility, so that the income the utility makes can be cycled back into the economy, and no one is profiting beyond their paycheck off of it.

zephyrnug

Architect
Dec 10, 2012
Da hood
  • Feminists are sexy.
  • I like the English measurement system.
  • Coffee is terrible.
  • Wonder why people who think Minecraft is a bad game play it....
  • I would have no problem with even stricter gun laws/bans.

Reactions: Garisa

berkeley42

Miner
Jan 19, 2013
Portland, OR
www.redtube.com
-Religion is the greatest threat to the world
-Feminism is bullshit
-Feminists are sexist
-Tea Party is bullshit, Romney wouldn't have been such a bad candidate if he didn't have to pander to them constantly and say fucking stupid things
-Objectivism over Altruism, Egoism (not same as egotism) over Selflessness
-A person should be required to understand politics and the "issues" as they are before they can vote
-America's government is way too religious, Belgium's government is better
-Minecraft gets boring quickly
-People (especially the idiots like that dude that was threatening to start a new civil war or something like that) don't understand that Obama isn't taking steps to ban weapons, but to regulate them to a greater extent than was previously possible (due to ridiculous bills passed by NRA reps in the house which take away ALL of atf's power, atf can only SUGGEST things off of youtube because of them). Yeah we should enforce the gun laws we already have first. BUT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING THAT ARE THE ONES THAT AREN'T LETTING US IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE
-There is no faith in science, and there is no science in faith
-Gandhi was a racist, and Mother Teresa was a horrible person
-Abortion is a reproductive issue, not a women's issue
-All the sectors that were once public utilities but are now privatized should become public once again
-The common, uneducated, collectivist person should not be allowed to vote. That is a LOT of people.
http://fuckeverything.ytmnd.com/

bingbong2715

Town Designer
Dec 10, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Oh yeah on health care, that means that the health care sector should not be private, it should be a public utility, so that the income the utility makes can be cycled back into the economy, and no one is profiting beyond their paycheck off of it.
As for your religious tangent, almost none of that had anything to do with what I originally said, and almost all of it was non-religious rhetoric that was pretty unrelated.