The possibilities are worth mentioning.

Would MMC community like a/play on a Custom Modded Server?

• Yes, absolutely I would!

• Yes, but only if it's easy to run and not too crazy.

• Maybe, if it's well designed.

• No, MMC is moving to a new server and I'm going with it.

• Never, MMC is survival all the way!

• Other: I need more details, and have commented my request for these.

• None: I refuse to vote.

• Optional: Tell me more about CivCraft?

Results are only viewable after voting.

NikostratosX

The Ghost Architect
Jan 1, 2014
So, as you all should know, MMC has shut down, but the community is still, I believe, in tact. I've decided to make a proposition to the community and since I'm not sure if it's against the rules to do so (things are a bit of a singularity at the moment with the shutdown) this is also an "asking permission" post (this part right here is where I am asking).

My proposition is the potential for a dedicated focus on a Modded MC Server. I can, with maybe help, fund a decent startup server capable of handling the mods. I am experienced in Administration, Server operations, In game moderation, Mod and plugin implementation, and have made a few balanced modpacks in the past.

In addition to making a custom Modpack the installation should be incredibly simple by the time it's all said and done. Anti-griefing measures may be taken but ultimately it may be whitelisted. The server will be given enhanced gameplay rules for those looking for "warfare" and "peace." Mods that create multiple dimensions may have incredible limitations with hardware concerns. Giant machine networks that lag the server may also be limited to an extent of not having chunk loaders.

Immediate crash resolution and constant world backups / experience with saving "corrupt" worlds from the trash bin is also something I've got a hand in. If the community would desire a modded minecraft that enhances gameplay, perhaps without causing too much of a strain on personal hardware, then I'd be willing to make this happen. This post is my application to provide the community a service that will take my time and money, but if people do not express a desire for it then I will consider it a no and not ask again. Please give feedback; current moderators and admin staff will be heavily considered for this project, and all ideas and mod suggestions will be given at least a look/evaluation.

Lastly, in conclusion to mod suggestions, a personal (on my computer) test server for new mods and content will be run on an "as needed" "as available" basis. In questions, comments, or concerns are fully welcome. This is for the MMC community and not an advertisement for anything but.

Thank you,
~NikostratosX

Note: On the poll, you may change your vote. This is designed for those who select the "Other" option and incase people change their mind depending on conversation.

P.S. A while back I considered making a "Civ Craft" server. If you want the details I've added a voting option!

Swiftflight

The Prince Mod
Donor Level 2
Aug 8, 2013
Kalopsia
I've never been known for posting long things and I'm not starting now... but Woo, I would love to see a modded MC server Niko.
~Scipio Africanus Ross

hammer7869

Town Designer
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012
I'd be interested in finally seeing what the custom Modpack is that you have been talking about.

NikostratosX

The Ghost Architect
Jan 1, 2014
I'd be interested in finally seeing what the custom Modpack is that you have been talking about.
I would build it from the ground up. Testing each additional mod that is added, and compile it into either an extractable instance or find a way to make an installer.

Reactions: hammer7869

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
That's one thing feed the beast did right, create an installer for client installation. I consider myself very much technically inclined, yet I would constantly have issues with Forge and other mod loaders...

NikostratosX

The Ghost Architect
Jan 1, 2014
That's one thing feed the beast did right, create an installer for client installation. I consider myself very much technically inclined, yet I would constantly have issues with Forge and other mod loaders...
I'd be more than willing to expend the effort to make this a phenomenally optimized pack that installs if it'd have your support.

Mikemer456

Builder
Dec 10, 2012
I would say having a not so resource-intensive modpack is worth trying at this point.

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
I need a few weeks before I decide on anything. I'm
I would say having a not so resource-intensive modpack is worth trying at this point.
You mean as FTB required a Ferarri powered PC with 10x SLI graphics config to get 45 fps? :D (btw, i know that no such thing exists, just being a smart ass)(I dont know why im explaining myself lol)

NikostratosX

The Ghost Architect
Jan 1, 2014

You mean as FTB required a Ferarri powered PC with 10x SLI graphics config to get 45 fps? :D (btw, i know that no such thing exists, just being a smart ass)(I dont know why im explaining myself lol)
Lol, well I'm thinking a few weeks is reasonable enough. I'm seeing a pretty large amount of support, all things considered. I'd still like to see more votes but I've seen enough to start putting together some idea of the way it'll be designed and brainstorm the overall setup.

I work this weekend so no progress until Monday but otherwise will consider doing this. Please get more opinions from everyone.

Reactions: hammer7869

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012

Eh, I run a GTX Titan Z that's liquid cooled with mountain dew and has a cooling block made of Doritium. So your ferarri powered shit can get out! I get an outstanding 47 FPS!

In all seriousness, with my GTX 760 OR my 750ti, I get an average of 60 towards the beginning of the the world's creation, and mere weeks later, it's slammed down to around 50-40 xD

NikostratosX

The Ghost Architect
Jan 1, 2014
Eh, I run a GTX Titan Z that's liquid cooled with mountain dew and has a cooling block made of Doritium. So your ferarri powered shit can get out! I get an outstanding 47 FPS!

In all seriousness, with my GTX 760 OR my 750ti, I get an average of 60 towards the beginning of the the world's creation, and mere weeks later, it's slammed down to around 50-40 xD
With that said, benchmark tests will need to be done.