Rei's Minimap

hey guys,

i need your to find me a website that i can download Rei's Minimap i have taking a long time to look for it but cant find a reliable site that i can download it. if you guys please let me know what you find and a easy way to get because i am a nub :p

Thanks

Nate

ynefpavlov

Town Designer
I'm using a minimap. VoxelMap or Zan's minimap, whatever you wish to call it.

There is no official release for that either yet, but there is a version that only works on LiteLoader, a way to load mods to your minecraft. If you google on that, you should be able to get it and the minimap ;)

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Just stating: Even if you were to get Rei's Minimap for 1.8, you wouldn't be able to use it since it'd take Forge. Forge currently has a bug in it where you cannot connect to 1.8 Bungie servers [aka what we're using] and it'll say something along the lines of "Could not connect to Bungie [World] Server. Please make sure you port are port forwarding properly" or something like that.

Instead, I'll give you a list of what you can try instead.
This written guide will contain information concerning something called Liteloader and Voxelmap [Formally Zan's Minimap].

Liteloader Standalone
First things first, we'll need Liteloader. Conveniently you can download it through here.
Secondly, you'll need VoxelMap. Conveniently placed link here.

1. Run the Liteloader Installer (.exe) file that was downloaded. It will ask you on how to install it. Make sure that "Extend from" is set to 1.8, and the profile name is up to you. From there, just click OK.
2. Go to your .minecraft folder [Generally located in %appdata%] and go into said .minecraft folder. If there isn't one already, create a folder named "mods".
3. Download and place the Voxelmap mod into the new "mods" folder we created.

Liteloader + Optifine
This version is almost identical. BUT! It has a crucial beginning portion otherwise it will not work!

1. Download Optifine and install it to a blank 1.8 [STRICTLY 1.8] profile.
2. Download Liteloader installer (.exe) file that was downloaded. It will ask you on how to install it. This time, we're going to click the drop down for 1.8, and select the Optifine profile that was just installed. and the profile name is up to you. From there, just click OK.
3. Again, navigate to your .minecraft folder [Generally located in %appdata%] and go into said .minecraft folder. If there isn't one already, create a folder named "mods".
3. Download and place the Voxelmap mod into the new "mods" folder we created.