On Town Building...

Xoloz

Builder
Donor Level 2
Apr 12, 2013
Irvine
Just wanted to start a thread for anyone wanting to post pictures of how their town builds are going. To get things started, here is the Sun, rising over the Western Gate of Akhetaten, my Ancient Egyptian Town.

West Gate of Akhetaten.png

Reactions: ynefpavlov

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012
This is the up and coming Dwarven Mine of Moria. Just the farming and mining section are done so far
View attachment 9491
Huh...I'll admit, not entirely dwarven just yet, but a damn good start. Good job. Only suggestion; make a few more rugged edges, don't smooth it with stairs as much. Add some cobblestone. Dwarves weren't known for being the sleek builders. They made what worked, and expanded as needed. This looks more like a elven-dwarf build so far. Make some of the changes mentioned if you want a true dwarven look, and take another screenshot. We'll compare differences.
-This town gets Wolf's Seal of Approval

Foose

Miner
Oct 17, 2014
Huh...I'll admit, not entirely dwarven just yet, but a damn good start. Good job. Only suggestion; make a few more rugged edges, don't smooth it with stairs as much. Add some cobblestone. Dwarves weren't known for being the sleek builders. They made what worked, and expanded as needed. This looks more like a elven-dwarf build so far. Make some of the changes mentioned if you want a true dwarven look, and take another screenshot. We'll compare differences.
-This town gets Wolf's Seal of Approval
Thanks for the advice.

Swiftflight

Just a Mod
Blue Mod
Donor Level 2
Aug 8, 2013
Kalopsia
I noticed that my giant circle was griefed... don't like that... as for my town... thanksgiving break will tell...

Foose

Miner
Oct 17, 2014
This is for you @TheWolfsHeart. Still adding mossy stonebrick and finishing the otherside. If anyone has suggestions I am open to them. Feel free to come by as well. I am hooked up to the nether portals2014-11-28_17.37.09.png

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012
This is for you @TheWolfsHeart. Still adding mossy stonebrick and finishing the otherside. If anyone has suggestions I am open to them. Feel free to come by as well. I am hooked up to the nether portalsView attachment 9507
Good man! Keep it up! Try to roughen up the floor a bit as well, and see if there can be any cracked and mossy thrown around like you said. Then, I think it'd be good!

chrisprij

New Miner
May 5, 2014

The Valgard Fortress is coming along nicely too. We're starting to build our town around the fortress you see here. We've got Mining and Farming sectors so far. We're doing a steampunk medieval build, so it's pretty fun and interesting!

I apologize for the crappy-ish pic, I've been on all day and it happens to rain when I'm on, so this is the best I'm doing for now.

Attachments

Reactions: Swiftflight

Foose

Miner
Oct 17, 2014

The Valgard Fortress is coming along nicely too. We're starting to build our town around the fortress you see here. We've got Mining and Farming sectors so far. We're doing a steampunk medieval build, so it's pretty fun and interesting!

I apologize for the crappy-ish pic, I've been on all day and it happens to rain when I'm on, so this is the best I'm doing for now.
Thats a hell of a wall. And nice arch way

Foose

Miner
Oct 17, 2014
I am really surprised people haven't shown at least a little of what they got. I still have a ton of work ahead of me. I haven't even done a residential area yet. For those that don't know F2 is the screenshot key. just copy and paste the photo to your desktop

TheWolfsHeart

Server Psychopath
Vet Mod
Donor Level 3
Dec 10, 2012
I am really surprised people haven't shown at least a little of what they got. I still have a ton of work ahead of me. I haven't even done a residential area yet. For those that don't know F2 is the screenshot key. just copy and paste the photo to your desktop
I plan to show off my base soon, but it's not anywhere near presentable.

Reactions: Swiftflight

Swiftflight

Just a Mod
Blue Mod
Donor Level 2
Aug 8, 2013
Kalopsia
I blame the damn setbacks and the damn schoolwork...

zacsteeve5

Mega town builder
Donor Level 5
Dec 14, 2012
no update till the 8'600,000.00 block are all clear but everybody jaws will drop when my trikster empire will be up and ready to accept resident

but you can all follow the progress of the top floor on dynmap at -3000 -3000 (i suggest you click on surface view "the green cube" to see all the details of the island)