Lets talk Mini Games..

fffizzz

Administrator
Adman
Dec 10, 2012
In the recent weeks not only has our population slowly been growing, but there's also been a lot of talks about MiniGames. There are a TON of good minigames out there, but how do we determine which ones are right for us? Unfortunately, without some programmers who can make custom plugins for us, we're tied to the ones that are publicly available. Some are free, often the good ones however are not. I do not mind spending some money on quality plugins to help the server grow, and make things more fun for our users.

With MiniGames, we would bring a hub back to make jumping between servers easier than ever. I think we would also need to figure out how to "fix" our chat so that global is truly global in a sense that its no longer the primary chat channel used, and instead have a server chat. My thoughts are like this
Worlds:
- Hub
- Survival
- MiniGames
- ???

Channels:
Hub, Survival,Minigames, etc

New channel which is visible across all game types would be global or perhaps we call it something different. By default, "g" or Global is the main "world" chat that is on with the chat plugin we use. I've been also looking at other chat platforms as herochat hasnt been updated in a long time. If you're bored, look at cloudchat...

Anyway, chat aside because I'm likely rambling now and you're slowly loosing interest..

What minigames most interest you? If you've played some before, mention the ones you really liked, perhaps post links to video of said games in action. I will try to compile a list and include them here in the top post to make seeing them easier than ever.

----fffizzz
  • -spleef
  • -missle wars
  • -block hunt
  • -uhc
  • -PvP arena
  • -PvE arena
  • -skyblock
  • -lucky block
  • -Gary's mod
  • -walls/mega walls
I'll turn this into a poll later. I will allow 3 choices.

Last edited:

dwa1275

Builder
Jul 22, 2014
http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/blockhunt

Hide and seek is a popular game mode on Minecraft that allows you to hide as blocks and disguise as normal props from seekers. This plugin allows you to do that but with a lot more features added on such as: shops, stats etc...
This plugin has been heavily inspired from the gamemode "PropHunt", from the game, "Garry's Mod".

only problem is that it has not been updated for some time

_Ifrit_

Miner
May 8, 2013
i think arenas should be the next one toss in some custom mobs to fight and an epic boss mob mod maybe have it so point are awarded to players for getting to a certain point in the arena and they can use them to purchase special gear and tools for survival. we could host actual tournaments and reward players with in game prizes

C_Hawk14

Miner
Dec 11, 2012
As I said b4, I want BlockHunt, I played it once on this huge server with @royfi and found it a really cool way of doing hide and seek.

I also want some PvP arena, with kits. And a PvE arena where you can do raids or smth, with custom mob statistics if possible so it's not just wither bosses or ender dragons with stupid and easy mobs like zombies and skeletons. I want a challenge, this can be achieved with low-mid-end gear as well, like: enchanted leather and iron at max level 2 or so.

If possible, how about the plugin you made fffizzz? The CoD thingy with endless zombie waves.

Edit: How about a map from the NoxCrew Gameshow?

VasegaardOP

Miner
Apr 28, 2014
Denmark
Now, i have played alot of diffrent minigames, and theres a few that i realy liked and im gonna put a list of those.

• Missle wars
  • Hide and Seek
  • UHC/Survivial games
Also a few others, Walls/Mega Walls and Spleef/Splegg Are farely popular, and i belive they will bring more new players to our server :)

Reactions: C_Hawk14

Tercept

Administrator
Adman
Donor Level 5
Dec 10, 2012
Now, i have played alot of diffrent minigames, and theres a few that i realy liked and im gonna put a list of those.

• Missle wars
  • Hide and Seek
  • UHC/Survivial games
Also a few others, Walls/Mega Walls and Spleef/Splegg Are farely popular, and i belive they will bring more new players to our server :)
So easy to pull videos. We need to make sure those things are updated for 1.8.. if not, it wont happen.

VasegaardOP

Miner
Apr 28, 2014
Denmark

DJRedFlames

Builder
Dec 11, 2012
Pvp arena's with different playmodes (like warhub in the past) could be fun. It could work better since on average more people are online compared to the past + you should have quite a few map designs saved so that's easier to set up.

yaltar101

Nation Builder
Dec 10, 2012
those games from the noxcrew gameshow where awasome and i believe mostly vanilla

roewaid

Builder
Dec 10, 2012
I dont know that much minigames, but I always liked PvE arena because you can easily do it in a minigame and it is harder in survival. While you van make a PvP arena in survival as we saw before in deifferent town.

I also think a couple of main minigames and then rotate between them would be best to keep people interested in them.
ow and ofcourse get stuff in the minigames to use in the survival map. :p

Xoloz

Builder
Donor Level 2
Apr 12, 2013
Irvine
Would it be possible to have a que-ing system for mini games while in survival? I feel like that'd be a really convenient thing... like if a good amount of people are in survival, and then are like, "guys, que for spleef" or something, and they can get tp'd from survival to the spleef game, and then after get tp'd back to where they were in survival...

Would that be a viable thing? I just sort of thought of it, and thought it'd be worthwhile to share!

C_Hawk14

Miner
Dec 11, 2012
Would it be possible to have a que-ing system for mini games while in survival? I feel like that'd be a really convenient thing... like if a good amount of people are in survival, and then are like, "guys, que for spleef" or something, and they can get tp'd from survival to the spleef game, and then after get tp'd back to where they were in survival...

Would that be a viable thing? I just sort of thought of it, and thought it'd be worthwhile to share!
I agree, but:
  • What will happen when you get tp'd out of there though with mobs?
    If you're.. 128 blocks?.. away they despawn right?
  • What if the one you're fighting (PvP) doesn't join and makes you suffocate?

Foose

Miner
Oct 17, 2014
To make things easier, these are all of the games that have been mentioned:

-spleef
-missle wars
-block hunt
-uhc
-PvP arena
-PvE arena
-skyblock
-lucky block