Lag/Skipping Problems.

icecosmicuprise

Nation Builder
Donor Level 2
Okay so for the past couple of weeks i have noticed something that bugs me a lot. When ever i am on a minecart, and a horse i tend to lag/skip i would be able to move fine for a couple of seconds then it would freeze on me then i would move 3-4 blocks ahead. Same goes with minecarts. At first i thought it was just me then i asked super and he has the same problems from time to time. Is this a server thing? and can this be solved?

Swiftflight

The Prince Mod
Donor Level 2
Okay so for the past couple of weeks i have noticed something that bugs me a lot. When ever i am on a minecart, and a horse i tend to lag/skip i would be able to move fine for a couple of seconds then it would freeze on me then i would move 3-4 blocks ahead. Same goes with minecarts. At first i thought it was just me then i asked super and he has the same problems from time to time. Is this a server thing? and can this be solved?
This is a normal thing that always happens... all about dem chunks loading bruh. Same thing happens when crossing an ocean in a boat.

This has to do with two different things happening, one, your Internet connection, speeds during the night hrs, are a lot slower then during the day because hundreds of people share the same connection to the internet as you do, causing packet loss, speed loss, just a little can affect a lot, as you will need proper download and upload to have a completely lag free minecraft experience. 2. Your video card, even thought you may have a good video card this doesn't mean that it's the best, the lag and free that you will get when riding in a minecart, or a horse is because the cache you video card can process, recommend setting for a pc to handle minecraft is a quad core processor with 4GB of ram or better, and this is only the minimal requirements, when playing on a server there are more processes that need to be processed them in a normal single player game as this are, there are steps that you can do to help the process for minecraft like adjusting the display settings on your pc to better performance, you can get optifine, lower your fps, and chunks, close some background programs that don't need to run. And only one last thing to mention, the map we are using now has a lot going on in it, the chunk updates can effect the performance greatley, so just keep that in mind, I hope this helps

icecosmicuprise

Nation Builder
Donor Level 2
This has to do with two different things happening, one, your Internet connection, speeds during the night hrs, are a lot slower then during the day because hundreds of people share the same connection to the internet as you do, causing packet loss, speed loss, just a little can affect a lot, as you will need proper download and upload to have a completely lag free minecraft experience. 2. Your video card, even thought you may have a good video card this doesn't mean that it's the best, the lag and free that you will get when riding in a minecart, or a horse is because the cache you video card can process, recommend setting for a pc to handle minecraft is a quad core processor with 4GB of ram or better, and this is only the minimal requirements, when playing on a server there are more processes that need to be processed them in a normal single player game as this are, there are steps that you can do to help the process for minecraft like adjusting the display settings on your pc to better performance, you can get optifine, lower your fps, and chunks, close some background programs that don't need to run. And only one last thing to mention, the map we are using now has a lot going on in it, the chunk updates can effect the performance greatley, so just keep that in mind, I hope this helps
Okay thanks for the tip man ill try em out :)