Glow City: The Modern City

Prkr5885

New Miner
Donor Level 1
Mar 8, 2014
City Stage 1 of 5: Terra-forming the Land.
Stages are as followed:
1. Terraforming:This is the stage that we have found land, and are planning, chopping down trees, and molding the terrain to our liking. This also is the stage were we need donations and gather supplies/money.
2. Plots and Roads:This is the stage that we have successfully terraformed and molded most of the land. We start designing then laying out plots and roads, and possibly doing a little bit more clean-up to the terraforming. This also is the stage were we need donations and gather supplies/money.
3. Skyscraper construction: When we reach this stage, this means that the major city staff have built their homes, and were I start planning and building the skyscraper. Builders ARE needed to help, and we badly need donations of Smoothstone, Glowstone, Glass, and Quartz.
This also is the stage were we need donations and gather supplies/money.
4. Constructing the warp: By this stage we have allowed some residents(mainly workers/vips/helpers) into the city, so hopefully by then we get featured on the website and get a warp. Even if we don't by then, we start designing the warp. Which will be a secret ;). This also is the stage were we need donations and gather supplies/money.
5. Opening to the public: Major city essentials have been finished and completed. The city is now open to the public!

Glow City needs your help!

We need donations of Zingas and supplies
We also need some builders who can build modern.

Thank you to our supporters:
Shane
Aftershock(flamingninja09)
StarFire
Pascalduderocks
DuesExIce

(We hope to expand this list!)

Hello fellow builders. It is that time, when a new city arises. In this case, Glow City. Glow City is a modern, and beautiful at night city, as it gets its name from the Glowstone that makes it glow. It may be difficult to get into Glow City, as you need to have some building skills, a little bit of money, and a taste in modern architecture. Alternatively, which you will have to wait and don't come up often, we will have pre-built houses for players, the players can make the basement/customize the interior or the house to their liking as long as it still looks OK.

Please understand that, this is a modern city, and a lot of people don't know how to do modern building style. We will need multiple doublechests of smoothstone, gravel, glass, glowstone, quartz blocks, coal, sand, stone slabs, and cobblestone for our city. Mainly for the two main attractions, the USS NovaCraft(Named after my old server), a aircraft carrier where the warp will be, and the Glow Tower. A Massive skyscraper that goes up to the height limit. We also need Zingas to make a town. Badly.

Now there are two ways you can sell to us.
#1 You plainly sell us the stuff and receive payment.
#2 Alternatively, and more preferably, you can "donate" the items, and get a guaranteed discount/free plot, room, or office in the skyscraper.
#3 You can also help us build with the supplies, and get a guaranteed discount/free plot, room, or office in the skyscraper.

Here are two of the 3 screenshots I got of the nearly finished version of Glow City (I lost the will to build. :/)
I will be re-creating the same skyscraper also :D.
Keep in mind this was 100% legit, I had /fly because I donated and was a mod, only thing not legit. Than the only other thing was I would pay admins to convert my stone slabs into double slabs (helps ALOT for flooring.)

Mayor/Founder: Prkr5885
Vice Mayor(s)/Founder(s): Pascalduderocks
Secretary Of Defense: Shane
Head Builder: Nask
We also could use some BUILDERS
Builders will of course get a guaranteed discount/free plot, room, or office in the skyscraper.

RULES
So, you are interested, here are the rules!
1. Please build a ways away from the city as we tend to get bigger and expand by alot.
2. Please be kind to other residents, don't steal, and don't grief.
3. Ask for permission from me or a vice mayor to build anything!
4. If your plot is inactive for more than 2 weeks without a notice, you will be evicted.
5. All property is subject to being removed if deemed necessary.
6. BUILD MODERN! And build nice please, I will give you up to 3 chances to build a nice, modern house, and offer some help too!
7. No more than 3 pets inside your plots and no farms.
8. Basements can't be deeper than 10 blocks.
9. Houses can not be higher than 17 blocks. If you wish to make it higher, contact me about buying a permit.
10. Wool plots are shop plots, cobble are residential. If you wish to make a residential plot into a shop plot, contact me or a vice mayor and you will have to buy a permit.
11. No building outside the cobble unless you get approval from me, or a vice mayor.
12. HAVE FUN!!
13. Please do not steal any vegetation or chop down any trees, if you need any food or plants, go to the town Supply shop and purchase from there! Located near the greenhouse.

Two old Pictures of unfinished GlowCity V5 on my old server.

Shane
StarPearl
Aftershock(flamingninja09)
Pascalduderocks
DuesExIce

Last edited:
Reactions: ynefpavlov

RedRimm

Miner
Oct 9, 2013

Dirtyvegetable
Pascalduderocks
DuesExIce

Hello fellow builders. It is that time, when a new city arises. In this case, Glow City. Glow City is a modern, and beautiful at night city, as it gets its name from the Glowstone that makes it glow. It may be difficult to get into Glow City, as you need to have some building skills, a little bit of money, and a taste in modern architecture. Alternatively, which you will have to wait and don't come up often, we will have pre-built houses for players, the players can make the basement/customize the interior or the house to their liking as long as it still looks OK.

Please understand that, this is a modern city, and a lot of people don't know how to do modern building style. We will need multiple doublechests of smoothstone, gravel, glass, glowstone, quartz blocks, coal, sand, stone slabs, and cobblestone for our city. Mainly for the two main attractions, the USS NovaCraft(Named after my old server), a aircraft carrier where the warp will be, and the Glow Tower. A Massive skyscraper that goes up to the height limit. We also need Zingas to make a town. Badly.

Now there are two ways you can sell to us.
#1 You plainly sell us the stuff and receive payment.
#2 Alternatively, and more preferably, you can "donate" the items, and get a guaranteed discount/free plot, room, or office in the skyscraper.
#3 You can also help us build with the supplies, and get a guaranteed discount/free plot, room, or office in the skyscraper.

Here are two of the 3 screenshots I got of the nearly finished version of Glow City (I lost the will to build. :/)
I will be re-creating the same skyscraper also :D.
Keep in mind this was 100% legit, I had /fly because I donated and was a mod, only thing not legit. Than the only other thing was I would pay admins to convert my stone slabs into double slabs (helps ALOT for flooring.)

Mayor/Founder: Prkr5885
Vice Mayors/Founders: Pascalduderocks and Dirtyvegetable

We also could use some BUILDERS
Builders will of course get a guaranteed discount/free plot, room, or office in the skyscraper.

RULES
So, you are interested, here are the rules!
1. Please build a ways away from the city as we tend to get bigger and expand by alot.
2. Please be kind to other residents, don't steal, and don't grief.
3. Ask for permission from me or a vice mayor to build anything!
4. If your plot is inactive for more than 2 weeks without a notice, you will be evicted.
5. All property is subject to being removed if deemed necessary.
6. BUILD MODERN! And build nice please, I will give you up to 3 chances to build a nice, modern house, and offer some help too!
7. No more than 3 pets inside your plots and no farms.
8. Basements can't be deeper than 10 blocks.
9. Houses can not be higher than 17 blocks. If you wish to make it higher, contact me about buying a permit.
10. Wool plots are shop plots, cobble are residential. If you wish to make a residential plot into a shop plot, contact me or a vice mayor and you will have to buy a permit.
11. No building outside the cobble unless you get approval from me, or a vice mayor.
12. HAVE FUN!!
13. Please do not steal any vegetation or chop down any trees, if you need any food or plants, go to the town Supply shop and purchase from there! Located near the greenhouse.

Two old Pictures of unfinished GlowCity V5 on my old server.

Dirtyvegetable
Pascalduderocks
DuesExIce

I
Can build modern pretty well what do you meed built?

Prkr5885

New Miner
Donor Level 1
Mar 8, 2014
Attention! Status update to the city's progress!
City Stage 1 of 5: Terra-forming the Land.
We have successfully located the spot for the city. Right now we are planning to chop trees and terraform the land. We will most likely fill in the shallow spots with dirt, and start making the beach more "beach-like" and decorate it so people can lay out and get their tan! Or get attacked by sharks.

Screenshots:

Reactions: ynefpavlov